The book is a practical guide to creating monolingual and multilingual glossaries quickly and easily, using three free or low-cost web-based programs: ChatGPT, OneClick Terms, and Wordlist Tool.
Muegge, the former head of terminology at Facebook and contributor to tcworld magazine, explains that terminology extraction is essential for translators and interpreters, as it allows them to:
- Better understand the difficulty of a translation project early
- Translate more consistently and efficiently
- Improve the quality of their translations
- Be more competitive
- Enjoy their work more
Terminology extraction for translation and interpretation made easy covers the following topics:
- A brief introduction to terminology extraction
- The benefits of terminology extraction
- How to extract terminology and keep client’s data safe
- Which terminology extraction program is best for different users
- Step-by-step instructions for operating each of the three programs
The book uses simple language and includes a glossary of technical terms, which makes it easy to follow the instructions, even for people who are not linguists or whose first language isn’t English.
Terminology extraction for translation and interpretation made easy is now available on Amazon as an ebook for US$ 9.99 and in paperback for US$ 15.99.
"Uwe Muegge has contributed to bringing terminology management out of the inner circle of translation technology task forces and skilled project managers. He has been liberal in sharing his experience and knowledge; this book is no exception. There is a new generation of term extraction tools and approaches to automate the lion's share of term extraction. Uwe gives you the playbook, in clear, straightforward language."
– Quote from Steve Dept, founding partner at cApStAn Linguistic Quality Control