There is much talk about the changing image of technical communication. Organizations are starting to recognize that providing relevant and valuable content to consumers can trigger sales. Technical communication is moving away from engineering and closer towards marketing and communications.
Several renowned organizations have conducted eye-opening research into this change of perception. Here are a few examples.
Good product information encourages users to recommend product
In late 2012, provider of global information management solutions SDL released the survey report called Measuring the Importance of Product Content in Customer Experience Management. The report uncovers findings about the importance of product content and why interactive, contextually-aware, multimedia product information is a must-have in any customer engagement strategy.
The survey, which was conducted online among 1,000 adult consumers in the United States, demonstrates the impact that high-quality product information can have on the customer experience.
The majority of respondents agreed that high-quality product content
- is essential to good customer service (82%),
- makes it easier to solve service problems on their own (87%),
- improves their impression of a product or brand (79%).
- makes it more likely that they ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.