It is here: the IEC 82079-1. What does the standard deal with? What are the significant changes vis a vis EN 62079:2001? What must technical writers adapt to?
The IEC 82079-1 “Erstellen von Gebrauchsanleitungen” [Creating user manuals] as successor to the EN 62079 of 2001 is a so-called horizontal standard. It does not apply to just a specific product or sector, but contains rules across sectors for almost all branches of the industry. This concept has a considerable impact on the contents of the standard.
Many users of the standard would like to know what exactly they need to add to their manuals. “Is it necessary to include this or that?” is often the question. However, the IEC 82079-1 answers such questions only to a moderate degree – it deals more with the “how” and less with the “what”:
- How should manuals be prepared, i.e. what steps lead to a result of high value?
- How should technical writers and translators be qualified?
- How should instructions be presented, i.e. what fonts are suitable, what should be considered during layout ...
Read more after login
tekom members can log in directly with their "My tekom" access data.
You are not yet a tekom member, but would like to read one or more articles in full? Then you have the opportunity to register on the internet portal of the technical journal 'tcworld' without obligation. Once you have registered, you can select any three specialist articles and view them in full for a period of two months. The selection will then be deleted and you can select three new articles for the next two months.
As a tekom member you benefit from the following advantages::
- Online access to all articles of the trade magazine 'tcworld magazine'
- Exclusive specialist articles from all areas of technical communication
- Regular new articles from over 300 authors
- The technical journal 'tcworld magazine' as a printed edition
- Reduced admission prices to tekom conferences
- Membership fees for tekom publications
- Access to 'my tekom', the web forum with job offers / job requests, appointments, expert advice, service provider file and much more
Promised: The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' is the best we have. And we don't make the choice easy for ourselves. Every month, the editorial staff of the technical journal 'tcworld magazine' publishes the latest articles by renowned authors. This demanding selection is available exclusively to members of tekom (as usual, including the printed edition).
The trade magazine 'tcworld magazine' stands for intelligently prepared specialist articles, texts written to the point, informative content, surprising insights, international perspectives and communicates technical communication in an understandable, fast, clear and uncomplicated way - exclusively for you.